Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Eden Prairie native commits to Badgers

A nice article is posted on Star Tribune's prep site gamefacemn.com about Shattuck St. Mary's forward Jason Clark, a former Eden Prairie Eagle, who recently chose to play for the University of Wisconsin despite his strong sentiments as a Gophers fan.

From the article posted HERE

Clark, a 6-1, 180-pound forward, was ranked No. 73 among North American skaters in the NHL Central Scouting's midterm rankings. He played for Eden Prairie's varsity as a sophomore two seasons ago, then transferred to Shattuck-St. Mary's.

He chose the Badgers over Harvard, Minnesota Duluth and North Dakota, citing a chance to play right away for a team that will graduate seven forwards.

"I never really kept in touch with the Gophers," he said. "They never really recruited me that much. And they had a lot of guys my age coming in, and I figured there wasn't going to be a lot of room.

"My bedroom at home is actually decorated in Gophers stuff. I'll have to switch that out."

No comments: