Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Matt Niskanen trying to work through frustrations

First off, let me say that having a 7-month old son, holiday season and end of fiscal year for my job has left little time for this fun blog, but I'm really striving to me more consistent in 2010 with better overall content.

For now, here's a couple of quick web hits worth checking out.


Matt Niskanen has received a lot of flak recently from Dallas Stars bloggers critiquing him citing a drop in play. He too is frustrated.

From ESPN.com

It's frustrating," Niskanen said. "I'm not consistent and that's something I'm striving for in my game. I'm working on getting consistent with the good parts of my game and then improving the parts that need it. I know I have to have a tight gap, play good positionally and make sure my compete level is up all the time."


Niskanen said he's also trying to learn how to move on after making mistakes. At times this season, he's looked like a player lacking confidence.


"If I make a mistake or two early in the game, I have to forget about it," Niskanen said. "That's a challenge for young players like myself to put it behind me and move on. I'm working hard and I'll keep working hard."



Read Full Story HERE

No comments: